Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hello All!
         
            My name is Alexis and I am a stay at home mommy(SAHM), used to be full time Licensed Practical Nurse. What an adjustment this has been! I have been working since I was 15 years old. My new job has similarities to my old one: next to no bathroom or food breaks, hair is a mess, I am on my feet all day, feet and back hurt, and I'm taking care of someone-that someone being the most special and important person in my life.
           
         Not only have I stopped working, but my husband and I have moved our family away from the city and down into the country to live in a gated lake community. Literally nothing here except the Food Lion grocery store and a few other minor stores.
         
        I have to say though, I LOVE being a SAHM, it gives me the chance to be home with my daughter Hailey who is almost 5 months old and go to school full time to achieve my Bachelor's degree in Nursing. I have many hobbies, too many to count; but I do love reading, crafting, and I do some photography on the side. Check out my other website if you would like to see some of my work: Alexis Callaway Photography.

       So, I know what you are thinking: Oh gosh another mom blog! I know there are a million of them out there on the big interspace of the Web and it is a total cliche for SAHM's to blog, BUT I think I may have something else to offer the world of blogging. This is not just a mom blog, but a blog to share other things such as crafts, recipes, daily adventures and mishaps, etc just to name a few. The piece of the resistance(said in fake French accent) is an insight into my mind. Woo Hoo! Big deal, I know! You are all so lucky!
       
       Bear with me, the majority of the time I only have my baby to talk too. You can slowly start going nuts when you basically talk to yourself and hear the Sprout channel playing in the background all day long. Don't get me wrong, I live to have those in depth conversations with my daughter that consists mainly of coo's, babbling, and smiles; love those smiles! Did I mention all of these conversations seem to happen while on the changing table? Very deep conversations while cleaning up a mess, often we talk about saving the arctic animals and sometimes Hailey likes to pretend to be a mob boss who needs to take care of "business". It is a lot of fun when you get to make up what you think your child's responses are while they are babbling; one of the many ways I amuse myself during the day when I am not cleaning, cooking, studying, etc.
   
         I guess all that is left to say is enjoy my blog and I hope I can continue to amuse all of you and keep my sanity as I continue my adventure as a SAHM. If you like what you read and might want to read future posts, please follow me on Google+.
     
Hailey at 4 months and 1 week old. She's a "cool" girl!

4 comments:

  1. I love your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay Care! Welcome! :) Thank you for checking out my blog! I look forward to getting to know you, should you decide to continue my adventures with me!

      Delete