Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Shedding Chipmunk's Agony

                               
             

          I have always had thick and wavy hair. My hair usually grows fast and I like to keep it long. When asked what is the feature I like most about my appearance, I state that I am proud of my hair. I'm the type of girl who never wears makeup and my socks usually never match. I am vain about my hair, I am not going to lie. Then pregnancy happened and my hair became out of control! My brunette locks were shiny, even thicker, and growing at rapid rates;I was loving it.
         
         What the heck happened? 4 almost 5 months post pregnancy and I think I am going bald! And where is the shine?! I shed before, that is what happens when you have long and thick hair. You gotta keep Drain-O on hand in the house at all times- you will have to drain the plumbing in the bathtub and the sinks every couple of weeks. This was a shock to my husband when we first started living together; now he is used to it!

          Hair is coming out in large clumps. I haven't found any bald spots; Thank God! I just find my hair everywhere and Hailey always seems to have it in her hands. I have to admit, I am generally a hairy person; I usually have more hair than most people. I used to feel that my arms were too hairy and now there is next to no hair on them, at all! This discovery of the loss of hair on my arms has prompted me to do some research. Yup, I "googled" this particular situation.Side note: not upset about the arm hair  loss, this is a plus!


                         


         
         REST EASY EVERYONE! I HAVE GOOD NEWS! This is a normal situation to have during and after pregnancy at least according to the Baby Center website. The gist of it is this, your hair is growing while some of your hair is in "resting phase". When your hair is done "resting," it will fall out due to it being replaced by new hairs. I am not going bald! YAY!

       Due to increased Estrogen levels when you are pregnant, the growing stage of hair is longer which results in pregnant women having beautiful hair. The opposite happens post-pregnancy when your Estrogen levels drop, Your hair and mine will get back to normal eventually :) If you would like more information, please check out the Baby Center's article that I read and got this information from: Postpartum Hair Loss.

      Hopefully in the next couple of weeks my hair will be back to normal and what I consider fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment