Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Pears: The New "Crack" for Babies?

I hope my post title got your attention!
          Hailey's newest food is PEARS and it is the equivalent of a toddler consuming 100 pixie sticks-the paper sticks full of colored sugar. Pears are not a bad thing when given in the morning, perhaps a little bit of pear mixed in with some oatmeal cereal. Now at night time? That is a whole different story! If you want to be up most of the night with your baby, then please give your baby pureed pears for dinner! Huge mistake on my part last night and I had to learn the hard way!
           I have never seen Hailey THIS hyper! She likes to rock back and forth as if she is on a rocking horse (she usually uses my knee since she is too small for a rocking horse). Last night she was rocking super fast and kept trying to fly out of my hands and was giggling non-stop. That girl's cheeks must have been hurting by the time she fell asleep, she had been smiling so much! I couldn't help, but laugh and smile with her because her giggling was infectious. Now in hindsight I wish I had gotten this episode on video. I could have shared it with all of you.
         Hailey finally wore herself out and fell asleep slumped over in my arms and I was thinking, Thank you God! I was exhausted from her "cracked out on pears" state! My arms have never had such an amazing workout! I woke up this morning and took a look at these babies in the mirror and thought, "Wow! Look at these guns!" (I know you are picturing me do this as we speak, try not to laugh! Alright, it is okay if you do!)
        Hailey has had many first foods already- she is almost 5 months old and she has only reacted (in a good way) to two foods: AVOCADO and PEARS. When eating avocados, she would attack the spoon, reach for the bowl, and smiled A LOT. Babies have such funny reactions to new foods, it is quite enjoyable for me and her daddy to witness her exploration in the food world.
This is Hailey after her first taste of avocado. As you can see she enjoyed it immensely. I think it is great that she loves avocados, after all they are very healthy for you and it is something I usually always have in the house because I enjoy them too.
 I am making all of her food at home with organic fruits and vegetables. You can make A TON of baby food this way. It is very cost effective. The next foods on the list for Miss Hailey are Peas and Green Beans! Tomorrow is Hailey's last day of Pears-out of the trial period to see if she reacts or is allergic to them. It may be awhile before I give Pears to her again.  

Anyone have any funny pictures of their baby's 1st reaction to a new food they would like to share? :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment